Sunday 10 January 2016

Dinner at Hash House- Adliya, Bahrain


Last weekend Mr D and I decided to dine at Hash House. This place was my top choice for my birthday dinner but unfortunately on that night, Hash House was packed and the waiting list consisted of four groups which meant a minimum of an hour's wait until we get a table. Since I was with a party of 6 guests, I decided to come back to Hash House on another day.

Hash House, is located at Block 338 in Adliya, between Zoe and Coco's. The entrance to the restaurant can be easily be mistaken to be just a window of a restaurant. Once you enter you are in a blissful and warm yet busy atmosphere, both my visits, the restaurant has been busy and this tells you a lot about the place ;)

With four tables downstairs-enough to seat 10 guests and fours tables upstairs-Hash House is a tiny yet cozy place to enjoy a peaceful meal. This restaurant serves Thai fusion food with great value for money and very friendly staff.

Initially we went to sit upstairs because it was packed downstairs, but by the time we finished our delightful appetizers, it had gotten way too cold. Upon requesting the staff present there, we were given a table downstairs where is was just right!




We ordered the Crispy Prawns, (again Mr. D Seafood craving continues) plus, the table next to us had some wonderful seafood on their table. The aroma just made me agree to Mr. D's choice.
The Prawns were 'Crispy' as promised and mentioned in the menu and were fried to perfection. This dish was served with the restaurant's sweet and sour sauce.


Our second appetizer was the Beef Salad, which comprised of grilled beef of course, and a very funky and refreshing salad made of cucumber, carrots, coriander, red onions, tomato, red chilli, pomegranate seeds, celery, fresh mint leaves, lemon grass and some of the signature home made sauce. 
This definitely was a party in mouth and I looked forward to every bite. This salad, had something sweet, refreshing, spicy, crunchy, fruity!! EVERYTHING GOOD!!



 For drinks, I ordered the LemonGrass drink, which is a house special, so I've heard. I was debating  whether I should have this drink or a Tom Yum Soup, I saved the latter for later. Just another reason  to visit you can say :P. Yes it was a cold night-yes I was feeling cold, but I just had to try this pretty and not so little chilled drink-that so did a good job as a palate cleanser. Talk about refreshing!


Mr. D chose a glass of Drosty HOF Shiraz -Merlot Cape Red (South African Wine) to accompany his dinner, I remember him describing the taste as subtle but strong. He enjoyed his drink and continued to explain 'tannins' to me.



Once  it got way too cold for me, we asked if we could be moved down, and we shifted downstairs.
We ordered the Red Thai Chicken Curry accompanied by Jasmine Rice. 


Some more snaps from the Hash House..such warm ambiance..*sigh*



total bill was:BHD15.500 for two pax.

Photo Courtesy: Mr D
Please Note: This not a sponsored blog post, all opinions, feelings and experience shared are personal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment