Tuesday 31 July 2018

Lunch date at Florence La Maison Méditerranéenne, Bahrain


You will most certainly agree with me that Florence La Maison Méditerranéenne is a top contender for the quaintest looking restaurant in Bahrain’s Block 338. The pastels, the green, the airy space, natural light all play a major role in increasing this Mediterranean restaurant’s attractiveness.




The husband knows I have been eyeing this pretty place since it opened up but for some reason did not dine there. May be it was some sub-conscious fear that it may fail to strike a balance and have equal amounts of beauty and reallllly good food. I am very pedantic about my food and once I have a bad experience it is hard to recover. You can say these are TRUST issues that I have with restaurants and I won’t mind it at all.

This visit to the restaurant being at lunch time, I was starving and decided to directly dive into the main course. No looking around… no teasing myself with appetizers and then complaining that I didn’t get to demolish a main course.

I ordered the Spanish Chicken (not to be mistaken for a chicken wearing a sombrero) and the hubby ordered Rosé Chicken.

Their Spanish chicken was boneless chicken pieces in a creamy sauce filled with herbs (quite strong), saffron and potatoes and I am guessing paprika. I bet some tomatoes and bell peppers were used to prepare the sauce as well. All this served with fragrant Spanish Rice.



And the Rosé Chicken was escalope chicken breast grilled and laid on a bed of fried mozzarella, and topped with some sauce (Rosé of course) served with mashed potato and steamed veggies.




I also ordered a fresh juice of Carrot and Orange and specified no sugar, and to my pleasant surprise our server mentioned that they do not add sugar to their juices and they are as fresh as fresh can get. He definitely did not disappoint me. I was presented a tall glass of this perfect juice and I got some to take home as well.



The hubby ordered the regular Watermelon juice- nothing to say about that.



As we waited for the food, they served two kinds of bread with black olive and olive oil dip and a minty coriander dip. Again we left no crumbs to trace…blame it lunch time.

For a first visit my overall experience was good. It will take more visits to taste their offerings and form an opinion. I also do not know much about the Mediterranean cuisine so I won’t comment on whether it lives up to its title. But what I would suggest it go give Florence a try.


This is not a sponsored blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment