Tuesday 31 July 2018

Tuna Masala


I know I have been MIA for more than a year and funnily enough it is because my cooking load has increased (who would have thought!). So after being promoted to WIFE, I have definitely been a lot more busy and loving it. I did slack on the blog work but probably compensated by at least posting photos if not recipes of food I have cooked through my personal Instagram handle (at least I think).

So I am back for a bit with a recently prepared dish cooked on a hungry Friday afternoon with very few and basic ingredients to satiate rumbling tummies in no time.




Tuna Masala (Serves 2)

You will need:

1 small onion-chopped finely
1 small tomato –chopped finely
1 green chilli- slit or chopped (increase the number of chilies if you prefer your food spicy)
½ inch ginger- chopped finely
4-6 Curry leaves
1 can of Tuna fish (I used the one in oil)
A pinch of cumin seeds
Two pinches of Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red Chilli powder.
2 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste

The steps are fairly easy.

Heat a pan, add oil. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds when they crackle add the onions, frying them till translucent (you know the basic drill).

Add in the chopped ginger, green chilli, curry leaves- fry a bit.

Add the chopped tomato and fry them up till they become soft.

Open up the canned tuna and add that to the pan. Break the tuna down (this takes effort).
Add the masalas i.e. Turmeric, Red Chilli.

Give the Tuna a nice stir and add salt to taste.

Allow this to fry for say about 5 minutes more.

This was devoured with some plain rice and basic dal and remembered fondly even a week later.




No comments:

Post a Comment