Saturday 4 May 2013

Sober/Virgin Jello shots

The first time I tried doing something different with jello was when I was much younger, I just threw in a few diced apples in to my partially set jello. Don't ask how it turned out!After a good number of years, I attempted something different with plain old jello, and I was quite happy with the results. My dad's jaw dropped when he saw the finished product. Here is a snap,




For those who have never attempted this way of serving regular jello,
The steps to preparing this are very simple however,I will drop a few hints, so you can get it right just like I did.


1.Slice an orange into two halves and juice them. Once you have all the pulp out you can keep these slices aside.
2. Next, take your regular jello pack and prepare the jelly by following the instructions mentioned on the pack. That's quite simple,hence it shouldn't be a problem.
3. Once you've prepared the liquid mix, and it had cooled down a bit, pour the mix into the orange halves.
4. Keep these halves steady on a firm base and place them in the refrigerator to cool and set.
5. After the jello sets, depending on the temperature and time, you can cut the halves further into halves (basically you've made quarters)

And serve them up.

Tips:
1. If you intend on using oranges, make sure they are of the kind that can be juiced. You don't want to be stuck with stubborn oranges.
2. You could also use lime/lemon instead of oranges.
3. You need to follow the jello pack's instructions properly.
4. And don't keep opening the refrigerator's door to check on the jello, I'd suggest giving it  a good three hours to set.

5. I doubt, leaving the jello in the freezer to set would help, but then again, you never know. However, I'd suggest that you alternate between the freezer and the fridge. Keep the jello in the freezer for half an hour and then the rest of the time in the chiller.

Once ready, plate them up and plop them into you mouth, keeping the peels away.

Jello-appetite!
bpV

No comments:

Post a Comment