Tuesday 1 September 2015

Lunch at Spice Nice Restaurant, Bahrain


On one of our quiet Friday late afternoon, after a good amount of rest, we (Mr D and I ) decided to head out to Spice Nice located in Adliya behind Gulf Hotel, next to Cafe La Ventana. This lunch was supposed to be a light one just to satiate a craving that I had for Chicken Dumplings.

I had been to Spice Nice twice before, but I always missed documenting it. This time I made it a point to cover this cozy, affordable and lovely place. This restaurant specializes in Chinese, Goan and (other) Indian food. Both the times I've dined here, I've only had their Chinese food, because this is what I've heard they are very good at, the Spring Chicken in particular!

After we placed our order for drinks and food, the waiter brought us a basket (basket that is refilled, whenever found empty) filled with Prawn Crackers (yum), that are hard to stop munching on, once you've begun. It is rather surprising how soon two people can empty a basket of these delicious-deep-fried prawn goodness, even without the sauces. 


Mr D, allowed me to order for him, after we picked our choice of beverage. 

I ordered the Fried Kingfish in Recheado masala. This 'masale-daar' fried fish  was accompanied by a salad comprising of cabbage, carrots, onions. The 'Recheado' masala is of Goan origin and is basically a spicy red paste usually slathered on to the fish or stuffed inside the fish.


Next to arrive was my 'crave', Steamed Chicken Dumplings, 8 beautiful juicy dumplings, and all of them for me :D Notice the artsy way the sauce has been plated...yes that is Mr D's work.

             




No snaps of the beverages we ordered ,thanks to this scorching heat we guzzled down our drinks, but I would like to make a mention of the Lemon and Mint Drink that was an absolute thirst quencher. Presentation would have been better if the drink was strained, but the mint infused drink really soothed my afternoon.




Please Note: This not a sponsored blog post. 

Our bill breakdown is as follows:
Kingfish Recheado BD3.5
Steamed Chicken Dumplings BD2.1
Corona Beer BD1
Lemon and Mint Drink BD0.800
Service Charge BD0.400
Total Bill: BD9.600

No comments:

Post a Comment